Basic Living Skills
Basic Life Skills
Wood Creek Academy is not a boot camp for teenagers. We offer a structured environment with the opportunity to learn and practice ‘Life Skills’. Perhaps the most important life skill is the ability to learn. Life skills are not always taught directly but often learned indirectly through experience and practice.
Students at Wood Creek Academy learn cooking, shopping, budgeting, basic household duties, teamwork, social etiquette, problem solving, coping and communication skills just to name a few.
The following from one of our favorite websites details the skills we teach at Wood Creek Academy to help your son develop into a strong, confident, independent, self-reliant young man.
- Develop a Self-Reliant Mentality
- How to Do Laundry
- How to Open and Manage a Checking Account
- Keep a Regular Grooming and Hygiene Routine
- Create a Weekly Attack Plan
- How to Ace a Job Interview
- How to Make a Bed
- Living With Roommates
- How to Tie the Half-Windsor Necktie Knot
- Understand Credit
- What to Do If You Get in a Car Accident
- Know How to Network
- Establish a Simple Cleaning Routine and Stick to It
- How to Change a Flat Tire
- Create a Budget
- Essential Etiquette for Young Men
- Know Your Way Around a Kitchen
- How to Make Small Talk
- How to Iron a Dress Shirt
- How to Be a Savvy Consumer
- Establish an Exercise Routine
- 15 Maxims for Being a Reliable Man
- How to Shop for Groceries
- How to Jump Start a Car
- How to Iron Your Trousers
- How to Manage Stress
- A Place for Everything and Everything in Its Place
Reprint from www.artofmanliness.com
Please explore our website or call an admissions counselor at 866.694.8882 for additional information about how Wood Creek Academy can help your family.
Wood Creek Academy
It is an honor to be considered as a potential resource to help your family at this important time. Please contact us today for more information about our program and specifics about the customized solution we can offer your teen.